Zeolites are microporous, aluminosilicate minerals commonly used as commercial adsorbents and catalysts.
Application of zeolite
- Softening treatment of small and medium boiler water, decalcification of boiler water, magnesium ions, reduction of scale formation, reduction of metal corrosion on the water side, and extension of service life.
- Removing P, Cn and Cr from wastewater.
- Additive and deodorant of livestock forage.
- Soil conditioner agent in agriculture.
- Powerfull ion-exchange capacity.
- Removing Ca and Mg ion from water .
- Large specific surface area and strong adsorption .
- Strong static electricity, make sewage reach discharge or drinking standard .
- Non-toxic, odorless, natural adsorbing material with no pollution to environment .
- Good acid resistance and heat resistance.
- Easy back washing, renewable .
|Specific gravity g / cm3||1.2-1.4||Mud content||≤1.0|
|Bulk density g / cm3||0.55-0.8||Moisture%||≤1.5|
|Attrition rate%||≤1.0||Sodium ion exchange capacity||≥800|
Zeolite for industrial use
The clinoptilolite in the tight structure of the rock is mostly in the form of radial plate aggregation, while in the pore development area, plate crystals with intact or partially intact geometric morphology can be formed, with a width of 20 & micro; m and a thickness of about 5 & micro; M. the end of clinoptilolite is about 120 degrees, and some of them are rhombic plate and plate strip. The EDX spectra are Si, Al, Na, K and ca.
SEM features that the micro morphology is fiber like, straight or slightly curved, the diameter is about 0.2 & micro; m, and the length can reach several & micro; M. it can be an authigenic mineral, but it can also be seen in the outer edge of altered minerals, gradually separated into filamentous mordenite. This mordenite should be a modified mineral. The EDX spectra are mainly Si, Al, Ca and Na.
The SEM characteristic micromorphology is tetragonal trioctahedron and various forms of aggregation. The crystal faces are mostly 4 or 6-sided, and the grains can be as large as dozens of & micro; M. the characteristic elements of EDX spectrum are Si, Al, Na and a small amount of ca.
The SEM characteristic micromorphology is short rhombic cylinder, the size of which can be from 1 & micro; m to several & micro; m, and the EDX spectrum is Si, Al, CA, and a small amount of K and Na can be found.
Application of zeolite in aquaculture:
1. Feed additive for fish, shrimp and crab. Zeolite contains a variety of major and trace elements necessary for the growth and development of fish, shrimp and crab. Most of these elements exist in the form of exchangeable ions and soluble base, which are easy to be absorbed and utilized. At the same time, it has a variety of catalytic effects of biological enzymes. Therefore, the application of zeolite in the feed of fish, shrimp and crab can promote metabolism, promote growth, enhance disease resistance, improve survival rate, regulate the body fluid and osmotic pressure of animals, maintain acid-base balance, purify water quality, and have certain anti mildew effect. The amount of zeolite powder in the feed of fish, shrimp and crab is generally between 3% and 5%.
2. As water treatment agent. Zeolite has unique adsorption, screening, exchange of cation and anion, and catalytic performance due to its many pore sizes, uniform tubular channels and large internal surface area. It can absorb ammonia nitrogen, organic matter and heavy metal ions in water, effectively reduce the toxicity of hydrogen sulfide at the bottom of the pool, adjust pH value, increase dissolved oxygen in water, provide sufficient carbon for the growth of phytoplankton, improve the photosynthesis intensity of water body, and is also a good trace element fertilizer. When 1 kg zeolite is applied into the pond, 200 ml oxygen can be brought in, and then slowly released in the form of microbubbles, which can prevent the deterioration of water quality and prevent fish floating. When zeolite powder is used as water quality improver, the dosage should be about 13 kg per mu of water depth, and the whole pool should be sprinkled all over the pond.
3. Used as materials for building fish ponds. The bottom layer of the pond can be used to remove all the harmful ions from the bottom of the pond Rapid and healthy growth, improve the economic benefits of aquaculture.
Zeolite filter material
Natural zeolite is a kind of natural light filter material with rough surface, large specific surface area, strong adsorption capacity and low apparent density. It can be used to remove organic matters (such as dichloromethane, trichloroethane, phenols, aniline, benzoquinone, amino acids, etc.), ammonia nitrogen (NH4 +), fluorine content, heavy metal ions, suspended solids, algae, etc., and turbidity of effluent can be reduced.
Natural zeolite bed method is the simplest, environmental protection and extensive method to deal with water pollution. It can be used in sewage treatment, river treatment, wetland treatment, landscape and so on.